Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I failed...again

I have to be one of the worst cooks in the world. It smelt good, but it was gross! Luke took a bite & then asked me to never make that again. I've come to the conclusion that I need a cook, my family needs a cook...otherwise were destined to eat out way too often.

Maybe i just need to stop trying to come up with my own recipes & should just buy a good recipe book. A cookbook with good, simple, idiot proof recipes. Any suggestions?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

7 comments:

Unknown said...

No suggestions here just letting you know I can't cook either...LOL

Lisa Stone said...

I have found that you really can't go wrong with the recipes on the Campbell's Soup website. You can make just about anything with cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, or cream of celery soup!

Cherie said...

I'm glad to know I'm not alone!
I used cream of chicken! I just tried getting creative & added & substituted things which was a BAD idea. I'm never straying from the recipe again! Lol

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Oh no! So sorry! We've all been there, too.

Just dropping in from the blog hop. I'm a new follower.

Ginger
gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Following from One Smiley Monkey Blog :) Please follow back :)
www.onesmileymonkey.com

Xxx said...

Look here: http://www.amazon.com/Better-Homes-Gardens-Three-Binder/dp/0696201887

This cookbook has all of the classics, nice pictures, and easy to follow instructions. It's what I learned to cook from back when I was in middle school. I still have it and run for it when I am at a loss what to cook for dinner.

It has everything from roast chicken to making cakes, pies and cookies from scratch. I love that you can easily wipe off the pages and since it is a three ring binder you can add some of your own recipes. :)

Cherie said...

@ HeatherB I'll have to check that out! Thank you :)