Monday, May 9, 2011

Playdate, Mother's Day, & a Vegetarian Baby...

Eli & I visited Sam & Stacey last Monday for a playdate. A very long overdue playdate. They hadn't seen each other since their newborn pictures in November (Sam is 2 days older). Not that they really interacted with each other, after all they we're less than 2 weeks old. But now that they are actually getting old enough to play, we need to be sure & keep it up. Here are some pictures of these adorable boys. Eli is on the left & Sam is on the right.





For Mother's Day Eli painted picture frames & flower pots for his grandmas & great grandmas. It turned out cute, but was a huge mess. He sure did love squishing the finger paints! Please ignore the messy garage & the fact that I hadn't done my hair or make up yet...


Now, for those of you still reading, I need some suggestions. My baby HATES meat. We haven't tried much, but he ALWAYS spits it back out. I know I can't have a vegetarian baby, so I need pointers on how to get him to eat some meat too instead of only fruit & veggies! This seems like such an odd question because I know in a few years I will be begging for pointers on getting him to eat veggies.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

T hates meat too! He hates the texture more than anything.. I wish I had a solution for you!

Anonymous said...

Why can't you have a vegetarian baby?

If you really want him to eat meat, I'd suggest that you continue offering but don't push it. You can also offer a variety of other protein sources though- yogurt, beans, lentils, cheese, egg, quinoa, edamame. The fact that he gets protein is more important than the fact that the protein comes from meat. I don't know exactly how old your babe is, but it looks like he's still young enough that breastmilk or formula should be his main source of nutrition anyway, and that provides plenty of protein. Solids are just for fun and experimenting for now! :)

Cherie said...

He is only 6 months old, so have plenty of time for him to start liking meat! He's still primarily eating breast milk, so I'm not too concerned :)

I would be fine with a vegetarian baby...but his daddy probably wouldn't. He's a cattle farmer.

He's slowly getting better at eating the meat...but it's a new texture so I figure it will be several weeks before he actually likes it!