Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I HATE HARVEST

When I was younger I loved harvest.

I loved how the wheat looked when it was ready to harvest. I loved how it meant nice, hot weather. I loved all the cute farm boys I'd see all over town. I loved combine & tractor rides. I loved everything about it. I never understood how someone could hate harvest.

But now, I get it. I have become a harvest hater.

I still love the way the wheat looks, the beautiful weather, & the combine & tractor rides; but now, I'm married to that cute farm boy. Now I'm sitting at home with our baby, wondering if he'll get home before we go to sleep. Chances are, he won't. But probably I'll catch a glimpse of him as he leaves in the morning for work.

Not quite the life I imagined as a teenage girl in love with harvest.

No comments: