Monday, June 13, 2011

WHY?!?!?!?

Why must insurance be so EXPENSIVE?!?!!?

My husband lost his job last week, so we all lost our insurance. Luckily, he has already found a new job, but they don't pay anything for dependents insurance coverage & his won't start for 90 days.

I'm able to get back on at my work, but to add Eli it's $300 a month & to add Luke it's $250, on top of the $160 I pay for mine! So, I started my search for more affordable insurance for Luke & Eli.

The cheapest good plan is $307 for both of them. Which is what it would be to add Eli to our work plans, so I guess it's really all the same, but this way I don't have to worry about them losing insurance if he loses his job again. I guess paying $467 isn't too bad when I consider how expensive everything can be if something happens; but it is still more than is easily affordable for us, especially considering Luke took a pay cut with his new job.

I suppose I should be a little more thankful that we are able to afford insurance at all. But I still hate parting with almost $500 a month, I keep thinking of all the debt we could be paying off.

Oh well, life happens right?

1 comment:

Tiff said...

It is a pain. But you praise the Lord when you need it!