Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Husband Ate a Turkey Burger!

This may not seem like a big deal to you, but if you knew my husband, you would understand. You see, Luke is the type of guy that only eats food that once mooed. He's the guy who orders a triple bacon cheeseburger everywhere we go. But last night he ate & actually ENJOYED a turkey burger.

In accordance with My Cooking Challenge, I was determined to make a dinner that was a little healthier than we usually eat. I picked Turkey Burgers with Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions on Whole Wheat English Muffins. The whole wheat english muffins were a stretch too. He usually only eats white bread. I made a few small alterations to the recipe that made it more unhealthy, but it was still much healthier than a greasy cheeseburger with fries! I added a slice of swiss cheese to each burger & added a splash of worcestershire sauce & soy sauce to the onions & mushrooms while sauteing them to add a little more flavor.

It was a very successful dinner. Luke even asked me to make them again. Now it's time to pick a recipe for tonight!

No comments: